Introducing…The Trojan Trot!
Hello Irene Reither Families, It’s jog-a-thon time! Your students should be bringing home their Trojan Trot pledge envelopes today, September 23rd.
You might hear stories from your kiddos about today’s assembly kicking off our fundraising efforts. Be sure and ask your kids about our goal this year and what the Principal and Vice Principal have agreed to do if we reach our fundraising goal of $20,000!
Here’s some details on the Trojan Trot. These details are also attached to your student’s pledge envelopes:
- The Trojan Trot will be happening on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7th. Students are encouraged to wear school colors of black and gold or any Meridian spirit wear they may have on the day of the Trojan Trot. Enclosed is a spirit bracelet to start them off.
- The Trojan Trot is the ONLY fundraiser the PTA does during the school year. Please note that Mrs. Arnold’s “Jump Rope for Heart” is held in the spring and all proceeds from that fundraiser go to the American Heart Association.
Monies raised by the Trojan Trot fuel the PTA budget and fund the following events, supplies and educational opportunities for our students:
- All student field trips – Student’s school supplies – Missoula Children’s Theather – Pacific Science Center visit and workshops – Family movie nights – Skate nights, Snuggle Up and Read, Kindergarten t-shirts – Teacher grant requests and more!
- Pledge envelopes are due on the Friday of the Trojan Trot, October 7th. Funds must be turned in no later than Monday, October 10th to be considered for prizes. Additional donations or funds are welcome at anytime.
1st Place Student Who Raises the Most Funds: $300 Great Wolf Lodge Gift Certificate will be awarded to the top fundraiser at Irene Reither Elementary.
2nd Place Student Who Raises the Most Funds: Will receive a family 4 pack of movie tickets and a $50 gift certificate to Red Robin
3rd Place Student Who Raised the Most Funds: Will receive a family 4 pack of tickets to Deming Speedway and Meridian spirit wear.
- Any student raising over $50 will be awarded a Meridian Trojan water bottle, an 11×17 inch Trojan Spirit Poster and a Trojan Trot Pencil.
- If you know of a business that would like to be a corporate sponsor, we would love to have them! Corporate sponsors will have their business logo featured on a banner displayed at the school, on the PTA website and be featured in the Missoula Children’s Theater programs. Click here for the business sponsorship form
- Inside your student’s collection envelope you will find a spirit wear bracelet. Students are encouraged to wear their bracelets on race day and the weeks leading up to the Trojan Trot.
- We encourage you to come and support your student during their trot time. If you would like to volunteer to a shift on race day please email Info@MeridianPTA.org or comment on our facebook group and we will assign you a time slot that works for you. Run times for grades are still being determined at this time. We will keep you updated!
Thank you for your support! Chelsea Williams, Fawn Morgan & Leah Sipress. Committee Chairs